Monday, September 10, 2007

Interview: Trent Buckroyd, FLAUNT Magazine

Trent Buckroyd is not only the Universal Overlord sporting quality footwear. He is also the Music editor of FLAUNT magazine. FLAUNT is known for its duel covers, innovative layout, and lavish fashion spreads. The magazine has offices in New York, Los Angeles, and now (because Trent has relocated) Texas. The resulting interview was conducted via e-mail.


ZM: How you livin’?

TJB: Like thanksgiving, and in mansion and Benz’s, you know, givin’ endz to my friends and I must say it feels stupendous. Still, I stay Gucci down to the socks.

ZM: Is the world round or flat?

TJB: Both. Like a pizza or a record. F.Y.I. a record is a black disc made of vinyl that plays music when placed on a “record player” and spun at 33 1/3 r.p.m.

ZM: What’s it like being back in the Lone Star State?

TJB: Hot.

ZM: How’s it different working in the 21st century (from home)?

TJB: It’s completely doable but I do miss the human interaction. I miss the group idea meetings. So much got done during that time. I miss brainstorming, and bouncing ideas of everyone, getting instant feedback. Now that doesn’t happen at all.

ZM: Do you miss me? Oops I mean LA?

TJB: Yes, I do, and I miss you but mostly I miss my taco truck at Olympic and La Brea.

ZM: Have you ever worn a Cowboy Hat?

TJB: In public? No. In private? No… comment.

ZM: You still rollin’ the Benzo these days?

TJB: Yes, but sadly it’s sans Lorenzo.

ZM: What’s the toughest aspect of editing the Music Section of FLAUNT?

TJB: Toughest part? Dude I’m a figurehead, like the Queen of England. I just delegate what I’d like to get done and then pass the buck and eat jumbo shrimp all day. Pimpin’? That ain’t easy, but being the Music Editor is a piece of cake.

ZM: Did I call T-Pain or what?

TJB: No, I believe you called Fort Minor. I believe you said “they are most important band in hip-hop and make Public Enemy look like Will Smith,” but then you rapped “Men In Black” for like four hours straight so I wasn’t really sure where you were going with that whole thing. It was right after one of your many “lunch breaks” where you came back smelling “funny” so maybe that explains it all.

ZM: Has Gary Süper Macho Lös Angeles ever considered a career as a Luchador?

TJB: How do you know he’s not a Luchador? They never take their masks off. Sorta like Kiss.

ZM: DYK you were this young mans: http://www.myspace.com/9629411, hero?

TJB: After clicking the link, I find out that this “young man” is actually a girl. Nice research Zak. I don’t really look at myself as her “hero” instead I prefer to see myself more as the wind beneath her wings.

ZM: Any shout outs?

TJB: Big, big shout out to Norman Schwarzkopf, Mom, Dad, Mi Maw and Paw Paw, Gary Super Macho and Lil’ G, Jorge from Accounting, that “dude” who says I’m his hero on MySpace, Sasha Grey and oh yeah, God. Gotts to give “Big Ups” to the Lord.






















For more in
formation:
myspace.com/gary_super_macho
flaunt.com


Suggested Links:
Catfancey.com

modernpollvaulter.com
smokinghotlatinas.com


No comments: